Saturday, March 24, 2007

Thistle Leaf Scarf & Yarn Pix

I mentioned yesterday that the Applewood colorway is much prettier in person than the pictures I've seen online. I may have just gotten lucky with a great dye lot too, but look at this beautiful pink and tan!
Malabrigo "Applewood"
I should have gotten a picture of it when it was in the hank. Yarn always looks so beautiful in hanks. This ball is hand-wound and getting a little floppy and sloppy! I love winding my yarn by hand with the umbrella swift. I don't think I'd want to use a ball winder if I was offered one, unless it was for laceweight or something like that of course. I am thinking about getting a nostepinde, because right now I just use my thumb for small balls of yarn, and a toilet paper tube when I'm winding larger amounts. It gets the job done, but a real nostie would be such a treat. My youngest brother used to make beautiful hardwood canes on a lathe... maybe I could ask if he'd be willing to make me a custom nostie... but an authentic Norwegian one would be neat too.

OK, enough about yarn winding. I also have a WIP picture of the scarf itself. It doesn't look like much right now, it's actually kind of lumpy and goofy-looking in fact, but that's always the case with lace until it gets blocked.
Lumpy
You can't even really see the thistle leaves! They're all bunched up together. (Can you tell I took this picture at my desk? Ha ha)

Anyway, it's going pretty quickly, so I'm eager to finish it up soon so that I can block it out. I probably won't really be able to use it until next fall/winter, but that's ok. I'm really enjoying just working on it anyway. Malabrigo = Love. Nuff said.

2 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

Oh your scarf is gorgeous already!

8:32 AM CDT  
Blogger Rani said...

Love the scarf! I'm still fairly new to knitting but this looks inspiring! Hmmmmmm.

5:20 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home