Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Back in the swing of things!

I sat down last night with my second Malabrigo Mitten and I worked on it! I did actual knitting! I was so excited - it's been so long! I said to the husband, "Jon, look! Look at me! I'm knitting for real again!" and he was happy for me, and commented that it had been several weeks. Wow.

I think what got me going again was that I had bought a skein of Malabrigo in Applewood this weekend, and put it on the beautiful swift that Jon gave me, and hand-wound it up. I love winding balls of yarn, especially something as lusciously soft as Malabrigo. It got me so happy I thought I should dig out something that I could work on and see some progress (I'd made an attempt at Jon's sweater the night before but couldn't get a good rhythm going). The mittens were perfect. I was a little past the thumb and wanted to get a few inches added so that the next time I work on it, I can go straight into the decreases at the finger end. I should be able to finish it up tonight. Or at least close the top. I'm doing afterthought thumbs so I might have to wait until tomorrow to do the thumb, but at least I will have finished something! This hasn't happened in quite a while.

Speaking of FOs, I made an attempt at getting a picture of my Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf since it's been finished for quite some time. I have no idea why I didn't take any pictures while it was blocking, and I don't know why I didn't lay it out nicely to take a picture, so for whatever reason, here is a weird attempt at a self-portrait of me wearing it:
Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf

Kind of artsy, no?

Well anyway, even after a wash in Eucalan (with lanolin and everything!), it didn't soften up enough to make me happy. It gives me a pink itchy neck every time I wear it. So I gave it to my friend Inga, who absolutely loves it and doesn't find it quite as itchy as I do. I'm so happy that it's gone to a good home!

I guess I could also stick up a couple more "action shots" of the Kitty Pi here. Indy, the smaller cat who wasn't too interested in it before, has tried it out:
Indy is using the Kitty Pi

Indy is using the Kitty Pi

And the dog has been trying to get into it again. This last week or two he's done it a few times! Bonzo is always good for a chuckle.
Bonzo Tries the Kitty Pi Again
(It's really there under him! See?)

I am glad that I'm starting to get back on track with my knitting. I suppose after I finish these little mittens, I can work on Jon's sweater and the Peacock Shawl a bit, and I would like to get that Applewood Malabrigo made into a lacy little scarf for myself. Should be nice, even though scarf weather is probably behind us now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

That scarf really is lovely - too bad it's too itchy for you.

8:44 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home