Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Kitty Pi is complete

It's finished! This was a great, quick one. I cast on Friday night, cast off Sunday morning, felted Sunday afternoon, and it was totally blocked and dry by Monday night! (Of course, the winter dryness helped a lot too.)

yarn Noro Big Kureyon Color #7 (about 1.5 skeins) and a little less than 1 skein of some freaky feathery eyelash yarn
needles US 10.5 DPNs (because I don't have US 11 DPNs) and US 11 Circulars

pattern
 Wendy's Kitty Pi Pattern

I forgot to post this picture yesterday, but it's a good before-and-after size-comparison of the felting. I had tossed the pre-felted Kitty Pi over Moby like so:

Kitty Pi (Pre-felting)

And then I tossed it in the washer and ran it a few times; blocked it on a hat-box covered in a plastic bag; set it near a heating vent (and WOW it dried out fast); et voila!

Finished Kitty Pi

I love it! But more importantly, Moby digs it too

Moby in the Kitty Pi

Kitty Pi with Fat Moby Filling

I tried to put Indy into it, but she's generally scared of pretty much anything that isn't her idea, so she hopped out and ran away full speed. But that's ok. I wanted this to be for Moby anyway. He's got a nasty habit of trying to sleep on our bed at night and Jon always ends up pushing him over onto my side, where he wedges his 20-pound self between my shins and generally makes sleeping really uncomfortable and irritating.

Of course, Jon makes a good point - Moby is probably still going to prefer our bed as long as it's the warmest place in the house at night. Ugh. But hey, whatever. I'm just happy that he's actually hopping in and curling up in it without me forcing him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home