Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Two things

First, I skipped the Knit-Out at the MOA. I was just too "shopped out" from Saturday looking at bathroom tiles and cabinets and counters, and I also just didn't want to mess with the traffic and crowds. So I ended up chilling with my friend Inga at her place We also had lunch at a little hole-in-the-wall place called the Wienery and WOW, WOW... The place is not a heckuva lot to look at, but the food is dang good!

Second - I still haven't taken pictures of the Multidirectional SWS scarf... but I did finish blocking it and have worn it several times. The good news is that it did soften up a bit. The bad news is that it's still itchy enough to make me scratch my neck while I'm wearing it, enough to make my neck turn pink by the end of the day!!!

I'm going to try 2 more washes in Eucalan and see if it gets any nicer for wearing next to the skin. I don't think my skin is that sensitive, but dang, my neck just can't take that awful SWS. I had considered making a Baby Surprise Jacket out of it, but I'm having second thoughts now. I don't know just how sensitive babies are, but I wouldn't want to even take a chance with this stuff for a baby garment. Bummer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home