Saturday, January 20, 2007

I'm so proud :)

My little sister in law IMed me the other day to say that she had finished knitting her roll-brim hat quite a while ago, and now didn't know what to do with the yarn ends. I gave her this link and told her to turn the hat inside out, and use the technique for Reverse Stockinette.

I'm really proud of her, she picked everything up so fast, and was not even intimidated by switching to DPNs (I loaned her one of my sets to finish the hat up.) She sounds really eager to find a pattern for a little purse to make with her Malabrigo, and I've been so swamped I haven't had time to help her look for one. I feel kind of bad that I haven't been able to find and email patterns for her... but at least I was able to give her the link for Knitting Pattern Central.

I can't wait to see her again and help her learn more new techniques - I hope I'm really converting her. I just love to help pass on the love of knitting to other people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

I'd love to hear what pattern she chooses - I have some Malabrigo leftovers here that need a project...

2:06 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home