Friday, December 22, 2006

Knitting Lawyers will love this

First, the funny: RAGLAN PULLOVER AGREEMENT brought to you by The Girl From Auntie. (Even non-lawyers will get a kick out of it - I sure did!) And hey! It's a real pattern to boot!

Second, a brief update, seen below.

The yarn for my dad's sweater arrived in the mail yesterday. Oddly enough, the FREE pattern printed on the yarn labels is the SAME one that I almost ordered for $2.50 online from the same company. Bizarre.

I sat down with my Incredible, Custom-fit Raglan Sweater numbers last night and cast on for Jon's sweater. Then I ripped it out again. I am pretty sure I was not counting all the necessary stitches for a certain section, and ended up increasing too much before even adding the center-front stitches. Also, I had been knitting it in plain stockinette, and he had specifically requested a 4x2 rib. So. That will begin again tonight.

Before I start again, though, I need to work out my ribbing. I want to make sure that when I get the sleeve stitches separated out and start on the lower body, that my ribs line up correctly, so I need to play with some graph paper today and make sure I place the ribs in the right places and increase them correctly. That'll be... occupying. Ahem.

That's all I've got. I'm working on Peacock Feathers again after a couple minor disasters and loss of interest. I'm working on a scarf (no progress bar for this one) for a friend in Kentucky who has been going through some tough times and really needs a hand-knit piece of care. I'm probably going to find myself starting something else this weekend before I know it. I knit, I knit, I knit.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah (8th night tonight!), Happy Kwanzaa, Solstice just came and went so hope that was happy, um... I guess I just hope everyone is just really happy right now. I sure am! I've got a 5-day weekend starting soon! ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home