Sunday, December 03, 2006

Some small projects

I went to check out a new yarn store yesterday and it was SO nice! The lady who runs it is just wonderful, and she has lots of great selections. Needless to say, I bought a little of this and a little of that.

One of the things I did not plan on getting was some Misti Baby Alpaca (worsted). But omigosh that stuff is irresistible once you start petting it! I got two balls of it in the natural white color (no dye, no bleach), cast on with it last night, and about two hours ago today I finished up this lovely hat for myself!
On the coffee table

As usual lately, I didn't use a pattern for this one. I think I would make a few changes next time around, though. For one, I would make it just a little bit longer. It is long enough for me to pull down over my ears and roll up a bit, but I would like to be able to get just a little bit wider cuff than what I'm able to do with it right now:
On my head

Also, I used US6 needles and I think I would have been ok using 5. While it is plenty warm, and the yarn will probably bloom a bit, I'd like the fabric to be generally just a little tighter anyway.

The other thing that I'd change, and I'm not really sure why I did this in the first place, would be to replace the baby cables on the bottom with plain old k2 p2 ribbing. That was actually my plan in the beginning, but once I got about 3 rounds in, I just got this silly idea to throw in some baby cables and went a little nuts. They don't do any harm, it's just kind of a waste since I wanted to roll the cuff up anyway and most of them don't even show. Oh well. It still looks beautiful.

Last week, I bought some Lion Cotton and cranked out a few dishcloths for a few people who will remain un-named right now due to the holiday season coming up. I will probably crank out a few more, but I don't know how much more purple kitchen cotton I can handle, so I will probably get some other colors! Here are the ones I made last week:
Grapes:
Grapes

Wine Bottle & Glass:
Wine Bottle & Glass

"Travelling Vine":
Travelling Vine

Also this weekend, I started working on a scarf for a friend who has been having a lot of bad luck lately - multiple car accidents, death of pet, etc, etc, etc. She loves scarves and I hope that the love and care I put into each stitch helps her feel better when she gets it! No pictures to post yet - it's not very interesting to look at right now. It's kind of a lacy stitch pattern and really won't look like much until after it's been blocked. Will update as it comes along...

Finally, PEACOCK FEATHERS has been a thorn in my side for a while now. A while back, I found an error that I tried in vain to fix, and now know without a doubt that I am going to have to rip back to my lifeline at the beginning of Chart 5. This is only 6 rows total, but at approximately 300 stitches per row, it's not really my idea of a grand old time... so I've been putting it off. And feeling rather cranky about it. I know I won't be able to finish it by Xmas now, and I know there's really not any huge pressure to do so, but it still makes me irritated. I should just bite the bullet and do the frogging and re-knit those 6 rows, and put this tough spot behind me. And I would if I wasn't feeling rather ill this evening. I think I might be coming down with some kind of bug. It's been trying to get me for a week now, but I'm beginning to develop more symptoms than just a sore throat, and frankly, I just want to curl up with an afghan and sit still with my eyes closed. In fact, I think I'll go do that now.

Take care, reader. Don't catch any flu or cold bugs! It's no fun feeling icky - you won't even want to knit!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

The hat is lovely - I want to PET it!

11:52 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home