Friday, January 05, 2007

The Knitting Knerd strikes again!

I made this before I started Jon's sweater, but I figured I might as well share it here in case anyone else might find it useful. It's an Excel Sweater Workbook. And yes, as a matter of fact, I do enjoy being a geek!

If you click right here an Excel file will open up (or you can save it, whatever, I don't care). This file is based directly on The Incredible, Custom-fit Raglan Sweater formulas, except it's automated. Freaking automated. How can you not love this?? (And when I say directly based, I mean I literally copied and pasted most of the text, and used her exact equations when building my formulas in Excel.)

Here's how to use it. On the first sheet (called "Measurements"), enter all the measurements of the intended sweater-recipient into the yellow boxes - don't do anything to the other boxes, they will update as needed. (You might want to print that page just to have on-hand for reference, too. Unless you like going to the computer for your measurements, which I do.)

Then, go to the sheet called "Instructions" and those numbers will have transferred themselves into the correct places. This sheet is set up to print as two pages - Page 1 for the casting on and setup of the neck, and Page 2 covering the rest of the knitting.

I guess that's all there is to it. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

Awesome! Thanks for the pressie!

12:30 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home