Saturday, January 27, 2007

Hidden Treasures!

I went to the thrift store today while Jon was getting his hair cut further down in the same mall. LO and BEHOLD!! I found YARN! Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky yarn!! And others too! (I did not buy any of the acrylic crap they had that's always there. Red Heart and whatnot.) But here is what I DID buy. For 50 cents a skein. Ohh yeah, look at the goodies you can get with $6.00:

Thrift Store Treasure - 50 cents each!

Top: 7 skeins Lamb's Pride Bulky (3 skeins of Red Baron, 1 each of Sun Yellow, Woodgrain, Pine Tree, and Creme) Look at the labels! I've never seen Lamb's Pride labels like that. I wonder how old they are...

Bottom (l-r): 2 skeins Hayfield Sweetheart DK in a light baby blue (this is a discontinued 50/50 wool/nylon yarn); 1 skein Sirdar Country Style DK in a forest-green color; 1 skein Hayfield Grampian DK in Sultana (some Hayfield yarns are now being sold as Sirdar, and this stuff is identical to the Country Style); 1 skein Plymouth Encore Worsted (yes, it is super-neon-orange. No, I don't know what I was thinking. Jon says I could make a hilarious cat-sweater out of it. I might just have to.)

I'm just so excited! I love a good bargain, especially when it's good yarn!

3 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

That's what I call BARGAIN yarn therapy!

11:53 AM CST  
Blogger sometrouble said...

I just found your site while searching for ideas of what to knit with SWS. I never thought of finding yarn at a thrift store...what type of thrift store was this? I should go check some around here...

9:58 PM CST  
Blogger Amber Joy said...

It's nowhere special - just the Goodwill here in our town. They always have a couple skeins of acrylic around, but it never hurts to look around and see if anything else is there!

Another thing to think about is that you can buy sweaters at thrift stores and then unravel and recycle the yarn from those, usually for just a few dollars per sweater! It's sometimes a great way to get high-quality wool (or even nicer fibers) for a VERY low price!

8:18 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home