Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Still busy

OK, vacation was a blast, I even met up with some nice Burner-Knitter gals and had a nice time with them, and I actually finished my Ocean Socks - holy smokes! I had been trying to make them last as a "side project" while working on Peacock Feathers, but I couldn't knit that kind of lace in the car, and I didn't want to ruin my Zephyr yarn in all the dirty dust of the desert, so I ended up just finishing the socks, which are very nice. I took a couple pictures last night, will post them this evening.

I have also gotten past halfway on the reversible cables scarf, which surprised me, because this was supposed to be the "scarf that can really wait"... Mike L. won't need it until winter, and I'd much rather finish Peacock Feathers first, but after I finished the socks, I needed something simple to knit on the road to my grandparents' ranch and Jon's friend's wedding in North Dakota!

So now I am back on Peacock Feathers, FINALLY. I did a couple rows last night, and hope to be done with Chart 3 before the end of the month. Ugh. I feel so awful that it's taking so long, but I have just not had any time when I would be able to work on it and expect any kind of progress. I still do think I can have it done in time for Xmas, so that will be a nice time to give it to Kathryn.

I have also, foolishly, allowed myself to get pulled into the Essential Stripe Knit Along, but I don't think I'll be a very active participant. I do have the yarn and pattern ready to go, but I really really NEED to work on this lace instead. I am more interested in the KAL so that I can see what other people have to say about the pattern as they work through it, and find out about any confusing or difficult parts ahead of time, so I can be ready for them when I get started myself.

OK, that's all for now. I'm getting married in TEN DAYS so you can imagine how much activity is still going on! However, now that most of the traveling for this month is done, I think I should be able to knit/blog a bit more. :)

ETA - Omigosh I almost forgot! One of the nice ladies I met at Burning Man gave me a gallon ziploc bag STUFFED FULL of beautiful bulky wool yarn in coordinating colors! They were left over from a project she had done, and they will make at least one or two lovely hats!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Hey! Awesome!

I didn't get around to social knitting, but I did make some mileage on a linen hand towel while out there.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

3:55 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home