Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Update with some pictures

A-HA! I knew I could do it! Just a couple WIP pix. Enjoy:

Here is a picture of one finished Ocean Sock, and the second one in progress. I just found these last night after not knowing where they were for a couple weeks, so they should be finished soon. I'll talk more about them when I'm done. And believe me, I have a few things to say about these socks.
Ocean Socks

You can't really see the wavy stitch pattern very well in that picture. Part of it I'm sure is the fact that I'm using Jon's crappy camera, which I don't really know how to use very well. But also, since I am using a pretty tiny yarn, I don't think the wavy lines from the stitch pattern are going to show up as prominently as they would in a larger yarn. Oh well, live and learn. At least I like the yarn itself. Beautiful and so fun!!


Next up we have the reversible cable scarf that I'm doing for my friend Mike L. I am doing this as a thank-you gift because he is giving me a couple old highway billboards. The vinyl is super tough and perfect for cutting up and covering shade structures. You know, for when you're in the desert and want to be out of the sun during the mid-day heat. Trust me on this one.

Here's one side, with two cables:
Reversible Cable Scarf

And the flip side, with three cables:
Reversible Cable Scarf

Neat, huh?

I'm just over 10% done with Peacock Feathers right now, but I don't really feel like taking any pictures of it at the moment. It's kind of been a high-stress project and for some reason I feel like I will jinx it if I take a picture before I finish the current chart that I'm on. I'm weird like that. Superstitious or whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home