Wednesday, February 06, 2008

BAM! Another stashbuster in an afternoon!

OK, in another act of "How-dare-you-say-I-have-too-much-yarn?", I have used up a little more leftover yarn that was sitting around!

This was a good one. At my work, they just replaced our styrofoam coffee cups with paper ones. The kind that burn your hand if you don't double the cups or have one of those cardboard sleeves. They aren't giving us cardboard sleeves, and I feel silly doubling up my cups, so I decided to knit up a little cup-cozy.

I guessed that the leftover bit of Kureyon I had at home would be enough, so yesterday morning I tossed it in my purse with some DPNs. I cast on 44 stitches during my lunch break, and knit 2x2 rib for about 4.5 inches. It took until 5:00 pm since I was only knitting a little here and there when I found a few free moments during the afternoon, but I finished it before I left the office.

The ribbing is a little sloppy looking because I have not blocked it, but I really don't care - this thing was made with a purpose in mind, and that purpose is to protect my hands, not to look fancy!
Coffee Cup Cozy

And protect my hands it does :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home