Monday, November 19, 2007

Knitting again!

Hooray! I'm back in the saddle!

I have gotten a couple inches into the striped ripple baby blanket (no pattern, I'm just using a basic stitch pattern), but I'm starting to remember why I don't like to knit blankets. Holy boring - WOW. Nevertheless, it will be a good, ongoing, mindless-knitting project to have on hand in the background of other more attention-requiring projects.

I made one half of a new pair of Fetching fingerless gloves, but for some reason it's a lot shorter than my last ones. It barely hits my knuckles whereas my last pair were long enough to cover my wedding ring. I'm using the same needles and very closely similar yarn, so the problem might just be me... maybe I'm knitting too tightly because I'm a bit out of practice. I've started the second glove, and if the length comes out to be more reasonable, I will frog and re-knit the first one.

I've started my mom's Fiber Trends Felted Clogs, too. I started and finished the first one over the weekend, and hope to get the second one done this week. I will not felt them, though - not yet. I want to make sure they are a perfect fit for her, so I will either give them to her unfelted, or else felt them at her house or at my house the next time she comes to visit me! That way we can use a little trial-and-error to get just the right size.

I've also learned how to do needle-felting, and made a couple little sculptures - an eastern bluebird, and the beginnings of a polar bear. They're very cute, and it's a VERY addictive craft. I'm going to be doing lots more needle felting in the future, for sure. I definitely want to use it to appliqué some of my knit things, starting with the clogs.

All of these things would make for great pictures, wouldn't they? Of course they would! Unfortunately, I can't seem to track down the little cable that I use to upload pictures from my camera, so I'm kind of out of luck in that department.

Speaking of pictures, I've got a nicely growing pregnant belly here, and no way to share pictures of THAT, either - it's unbearable! I'm getting so cute with my little Santa Belly, and the only people who get to see it are the people I see in person! (Sorry about that, remote friends and family... I promise, I will figure this situation out SOON!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home