Sunday, November 04, 2007

The internet is great, until it stops working

Gah! I just want to go to Little Turtle Knits to buy a particular soaker pattern, and their entire site is down.

Why, why, WHY?!

I've been so unable to focus my poor, pregnancy-addled brain lately, that knitting has been completely out of the question. A common saying around our house lately has been "The baby ate my brain," and with good reason. Yesterday I couldn't remember the word "rake" when talking about yardwork. The best I could come up with was "What's that thing called where you sweep things around the yard?" Jon could barely believe it when he realized I was looking for the word 'rake,' but then we had a VERY good laugh!

Anyway, I keep thinking that starting something small or simple might get my brain back into knitting mode. Or maybe getting some new yarn. All I've got in the house is yarn that's earmarked for bigger or more complicated projects, and then some really crummy acrylic that's no fun to work with. If I want to get back into the swing of things, I need to enjoy my yarn!

Double Ewe is having a "first birthday" sale starting on Tuesday, which also happens to be my 30th birthday! I am going there for SURE, and I am not leaving without something wonderful for myself. I've got a birthday check from Grandma that is definitely going to be used for yarn. If I don't get yarn for soakers, then I'm going to get something nice to make myself some new fingerless gloves to wear at the office. Somehow my old pair got lost, but that's ok, it's a good excuse to do a quick, fun, and useful project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home