Monday, January 28, 2008

Trinity Stitch Hat

Here's something rare - a picture of me wearing one of my FOs:
IMG_3396
I look sleepy because I am sleepy. I am pregnant and tired and haven't slept well in several days.

This was a stashbuster project, pure and simple. Jon told me that I have "too much yarn" (whatever the heck THAT means), so I decided to show him that it's really quite useful stuff to have, and I made this hat. That bright red is not a color I would or will ever wear, but maybe I can give it to someone else as a present.

I originally stumbled upon the the pattern on Ravelry, and I think I would actually like it quite a bit in a darker, more muted and earthy color... but the only yarns I had that would suit this pattern were the Lamb's Pride Bulky that I got at the local thrift store a while back for 50¢ a skein. Great deal, but the colors were a little insane compared to my normal choices!

I still haven't blocked the hat yet, but here's how it looks laying flat:
IMG_3391IMG_3390

I guess I'll wash it tonight and block it on a plate or something, and then try to figure out who might appreciate it more than me! (Of course, if no one else wants it, I can always save it to wear at Christmastime next year... that's one time when I dare to wear bright red!)


yarn Lamb's Pride Bulky, "Red Baron" colorway, just over 1 skein used
needles US9 for ribbing, US 10.5 for body of hat

pattern
 Trinity Stitch Hat by "BreadnBadger" on Craftster

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home