Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Knitting at Work is Growing

Woo hoo! I'm so excited - we had THREE more people than last week for our Wednesday Noon Crafting Hour at work! That makes a total of nine people today - we almost ran out of chairs! I'm so glad I sent out that all-building email. The more the merrier, and it sure was fun!

I'm glad we have about an even split of knitters and crocheters - there's help for beginners of both crafts that way. I hope we get even more people next week, but then we might have to start finding a different place to meet... Hmmmm...

I started playing with Brooke's Column of Leaves Scarf, using TLC Cara Mia (has this been discontinued?), but I really don't like how wide it is. I did one pattern repeat and it's about 8 inches wide - eek! I'm thinking I should either cut out the decorative stitches inside the selvedge edge just outside the main lace pattern, or maybe use smaller needles and probably also a smaller yarn. DK? Sport? I'll have to experiment a little. I like that gauge isn't so strict on things like this. :)

ALSO! Oh man, I almost forgot! I finally finished Chart 3 on Peacock Feathers this evening! It's about time. So now I still have to get through Charts 4, 5, 6, 7 and Edging Charts 1 and 2. Eek. Xmas is not looking like a reasonable finish date UNLESS and UNTIL I can start to find some more dedicated knitting time to work on this thing. Maybe if I quit cooking and cleaning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home