Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Leaving town again for a few days

I'll be leaving town again this evening, returning on Sunday night. I'm taking one more day off work on Monday, and then it's back to "normal" for at LEAST another year! So tired of travel and events and all this activity. I can't wait to just have a boring life again for a while.

In other news, I finished the other "Fetching" fingerless glove yesterday, and it is nicer than the first one. I don't have a picture of the complete pair yet, but I hope to get at least one nice pic posted when I get back home. The thumb bind-off is cleaner, the picot edge is a little nicer (although I still don't like picot anyway.) The only downside is that it is also just a teeny bit smaller/shorter than the first one! It's not too different, and I found out that if you wear it on your left hand, and the slightly larger one on your right hand, it's not even noticeable. This is fine, it just means that the cables will twist AWAY from each thumb instead of towards them. The one other thing I think I would have done differently is to make them both longer, at least by a couple inches. I like more of my wrists and lower arms covered, but they are great for being just hand-warmers. I'll be giving these to Inga this weekend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home