Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Networking
Blogrings I'm In
- New Yarn & Pattern (for later)
- Out of the BLACK HOLE
- Thistle Leaf Scarf Blocked and Finished
- Thistle Leaf Scarf & Yarn Pix
- Finally, another FO
- Back in the swing of things!
- Bummed
- Just touching down for a minute here
- Two things
- Scarf, Mittens, and Blog Stuff
Home/
Join |
List
Next |
Previous |
Random
Previous | Next | List | Random
Knitting Links I Like
My Favorite Online Stores
Previous Posts
My Blogroll
4 Comments:
I started Rogue in that exact same yarn, but wasn't satisfied with it. I think it needs to be knit rather tightly in order for the cables to really pop. I suggest knitting at a tighter gauge and making a larger size. I ended up getting different yarn and starting over (though it's still not finished!).
oooh...that yarn is soo pretty :)
Thanks for the tip, Tipper! ;)
I really liked the look of my swatch knit up on 8s better from the start. I think my best course of action now would be to knit a couple swatches with cables and then block them to see how they turn out. I've seen a few Rogue sweaters done in Cascade, so I know it's possible... It's just going to be a matter of hitting an acceptable gauge!
Time for some good old-fashioned trial-and-error!
I have yarn for this pattern as well, but somehow I have not felt "up" to casting it on. I love the color and the yarn you chose.
Post a Comment
<< Home