Sunday, February 05, 2006

Fraternal Socks

I made up my mind and removed the Ridiculous Angel Hair Socks from the needles and ripped what existed of them down to nothing. I had only done a few inches, and was just too sick of them to even try continuing.

What I have done with those same needles this afternoon is something that pleases me greatly! I have been thinking about making "Fraternal Socks" for a few days (that is - one sock will be Color A with the heels and toes in Color B, and the other sock will be Color B with heels and toes in Color A), and today I cast on for them!

The first sock so far:
Fraternal Sock 1 - WIP

I am using Lion Brand Wool-Ease which I really don't like, but I have 2 balls of it just sitting around taking up space, so I figured I could use part of them for this little project. For this first sock, I'm using Black for the heel and toe, and Dark Rose Heather for the rest of the sock. Naturally, Sock #2 will be the opposite.

I had originally wanted to do my next pair of socks using the 2 socks on 2 circs method, or possibly 2 socks on 1 magic loop, but I absentmindedly started casting this one onto the DPNs that I had freed from the Angel Hair and decided to just go with it. I'm keeping close notes on when I do the color changes so I can get the 2nd sock to be as close a match as possible. I can always do my NEXT socks on circular needles. This pair should go fast, so I'm not too heartbroken about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home