Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Lost has been Found!

Hooray! I found my missing needle tips & cable last night! As predicted, they were in an embarassingly obvious place, and the ENTIRE reason they were there came flooding back into my memory AFTER I found them. Here's the story of what happened:

Last night I was getting ready to go to my company's annual "Holiday Party". It's a pretty formal event, so I had gone out earlier in the day to get a new dress, wrap, shoes, and matching handbag. I almost didn't get the bag - but it's a good thing I did! Before we left the house, I was transferring a few things from my "everyday" purse into the little black one I'd bought for the event. I moved my wallet, my cell phone, tossed in some lipstick... and then I opened the little zipper pocket in the middle of my purse to check and see if there was anything in there that I might want to have with me. Oh. My. GOD. When I unzipped the pocket, I saw a small handful of pink yarn. It was the scrap yarn that Tia had given me when we were at Crafty Planet together on the 10th when we were there for Craft 'n Chat night! That night, when I got home, I wanted to see what the yarn looked like knitted up - it's a handspun chunky-ish yarn with varying degrees of thickness, and I've never worked with anything like it before, so I wanted to see what it was like. I didn't know what size needle would work best with such a thick-and-thin yarn, so I went with size US7 needles because I usually use US8 for worsted weight, but this had sections that were also thinner than worsted, so I went down a size.

I knitted up a little test swatch with the Denise US7s and the 16" cable. It was getting late and I needed to get to bed, so I placed the yarn and needles in my purse thinking I might be able to find a few free minutes at work the next day to play with them some more. Of course I didn't get time to do that. And I obviously didn't remember that they were in the purse.

And now the part that embarrasses me. All this time that I've been agonizing over the missing needles, I SWEAR I kept remembering doubling the cable on itself so that I could fit it all into some smaller space. I just didn't remember the small space as being the inner pocket of my purse, so I just kept opening ziploc baggies over and over again!

All I can say is that I am VERY glad to have found what I was looking for, and from now on, I'm going to make a point of ONLY putting knitting supplies in my DESIGNATED knitting bags.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home