Friday, January 20, 2006

Shawl Issues

I seriously don't know what's wrong with me. Or maybe it's the world that's wrong.

I've known for as long as I've been planning to make the Feather and Fan shawl that I would need SIX balls of Microspun. I SWEAR I bought six. I swear. I even wrote it in my notebook, "Bought 6 balls... maybe want 7 to make it longer?" REALLY!

So now that I'm just a few inches from finishing up the 2nd ball, WHY do I only have 3 balls left in my stash? WHY, GOD, WHY? There is one lonely ball from this dye lot at the store, and it looks like it had been half unravelled and re-wound really sloppily, and like it's coming all untwisted. Ick. I suppose I could check a few other stores, and take one of my existing bits of yarn for color reference.

Still... this situation is not helping my paranoid suspicions... Now I'm missing my US7 needles and a 14" cable from my Denises (I can only assume they are all connected for some odd reason... but I have NO recollection of needing that combo of needles/cable for ANYTHING)... and I am missing one ball of yarn that I SWEAR I bought. My suspicion is that they are all together, and Jon jokingly suggested the same thing as I was ranting and huffing about it tonight!

But it's no joke. I am starting to wonder if there is some mysterious ghost knitter in the house stealing my goods and using them in the ghost realm... I just hope s/he returns them soon. I just KNOW that as soon as I purchase replacement parts for the needles/cable, the missing ones will turn up. Ugh. I don't want to deal with that. But I also don't want to deal with missing pieces from my BRAND NEW "complete set"!!! (The yarn, I don't mind so much. If I end up with one extra ball somehow, that's never a problem.)

Signing off for now. Hoping I will have a miraculous psychic moment as I fall asleep tonight and reveal to myself where the dang needles and cable are. >_<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home