Binary signature
I decided to waste some time yesterday by creating my own "knit signature" in binary. So here it is:
K1 P1
K5 P1
(K1 P2)x2
K1 P1
K1 P2
K3 P1
K2 P2
K2 (P1 K1)x2 P3
K2 P1
K3 P1
K6 P1
K2 P1
K1 P1
K2 P2
(K1 P4)x2
K2 P1
That spells 'Amber Joy'. :) And here's how I did it:
My Name: Amber Joy
My Name in Hex: 416D626572 20 4A6F79 (the 20 stands for the space between the two words)
My Name in Binary as converted from Hex: 010000010110110101100010011001010111001000100000010010100110111101111001
Number of Zeroes and Ones as grouped together: 1 1 5 1 1 2 1 2 1 1 1 2 3 1 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 3 2 1 3 1 6 1 2 1 1 1 2 2 1 4 1 4 2 1
These numbers converted to alternating Knits and Purls: K1 P1 K5 P1 K1 P2 K1 P2 K1 P1 K1 P2 K3 P1 K2 P2 K2 P1 K1 P1 K1 P3 K2 P1 K3 P1 K6 P1 K2 P1 K1 P1 K2 P2 K1 P4 K1 P4 K2 P1
Then I just grouped a few of the repeating sections together to make it a little easier to read. Easy!
I guess I could also do this with alternating colors instead of knits and purls. In fact, I think I might actually like that better... I'll have to test it out and take a few pictures for comparison.
K1 P1
K5 P1
(K1 P2)x2
K1 P1
K1 P2
K3 P1
K2 P2
K2 (P1 K1)x2 P3
K2 P1
K3 P1
K6 P1
K2 P1
K1 P1
K2 P2
(K1 P4)x2
K2 P1
That spells 'Amber Joy'. :) And here's how I did it:
My Name: Amber Joy
My Name in Hex: 416D626572 20 4A6F79 (the 20 stands for the space between the two words)
My Name in Binary as converted from Hex: 010000010110110101100010011001010111001000100000010010100110111101111001
Number of Zeroes and Ones as grouped together: 1 1 5 1 1 2 1 2 1 1 1 2 3 1 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 3 2 1 3 1 6 1 2 1 1 1 2 2 1 4 1 4 2 1
These numbers converted to alternating Knits and Purls: K1 P1 K5 P1 K1 P2 K1 P2 K1 P1 K1 P2 K3 P1 K2 P2 K2 P1 K1 P1 K1 P3 K2 P1 K3 P1 K6 P1 K2 P1 K1 P1 K2 P2 K1 P4 K1 P4 K2 P1
Then I just grouped a few of the repeating sections together to make it a little easier to read. Easy!
I guess I could also do this with alternating colors instead of knits and purls. In fact, I think I might actually like that better... I'll have to test it out and take a few pictures for comparison.
3 Comments:
I think all of us engineers are rubbing off on you. You are a knitting knerd.
Knitting knerds rule!
I love this! I was actually going to go binary with scarves for family members. I love this idea.
I recently knitted a Fibonacci sequence purse. The subtlety was lost on the recipient. :(
What a pity! I have always thought Fibonacci's series is one of the more beautiful mathematical sequences. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home