Sunday, January 10, 2010

So Close!

I knit the neck on Jon's sweater yesterday! He decided at the last minute that he wants a turtleneck instead of a crew neck so it took a little longer than I had originally expected, but necks go fast either way. So now the body is finished, the neck is finished, and the sleeves are "technically" finished but I'm re-doing them today so they have a different finish. I've woven in all the ends besides the sleeves (obviously can't do that until I'm done re-doing them) but he tried it on last night just to double check all the sizing and it looks HAWT on him. He agrees, LOL. Jon is a tall, lanky guy so he always has to buy XXL sweaters to get the length he needs for his arms and torso, but that means he ends up in a sweater that's loose and baggier than he needs. This one is a lot more form-fitting and it shows off his super-fine physique. Rawr!

I'll give it a good washing and blocking this evening, hopefully it won't take too long to dry. Then I get get some FINISHED OBJECT pictures and get on with my dang life!

I just realized I cast on for this sweater in December 2009, just 3 months after we got married. Three years ago, uff da. I made the most progress right at the beginning, but then I got plagued with knitter's ADD and had too many projects going on at once, and then getting pregnant and all the following events meant I put all knitting on the back burner for a long time. But now, I'm back for real. And it feels good. Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home