Monday, January 19, 2009

Still Alive and Knitting a Glove

Holy smokes, I can barely believe it. I bought the book Selbuvotter: Biography of a Knitting Tradition by Terri Shea (got it for 40% off at Knitpicks!) and I also got some white and black fingering-weight yarn, and yesterday I actually cast on and started knitting one of the gloves from the book! See? I can still do it! Even with an extremely active baby in the house!

I did it twice, in fact. I cast on and knit the wrist band once on US2 needles, realized it was too small and blocking was still not going to get me to hit the proper gauge, so I considered turning it into a pretty little wristwarmer but then decided it was just a bit too snug and didn't go over the hand very easily, so I ripped it all out and started again on US3s.

(Forgive the quality, this was taken on a cell phone)
Selbuvotter-Annemor #1

I'm 4 rows into the hand and thumb gusset now, and just tickled that it's going so well! I think Jon is slightly disappointed that I'm not working on his still-hibernating sweater, but I just go brain dead working on what feels like miles and miles of K4P2 ribbing, ugh. I needed something small and light and pretty and exciting like this to pick me up, and it really has been a wonderful pick-me-up.

I hope the whole project goes as quickly as the beginning has. I would absolutely love to be able to wear these gloves and show them off for a few weeks/months before winter is completely over this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home