Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm alive!

Last weekend I picked up and knit a few inches on Jon's sweater that I STILL haven't finished. This is the first time I've knit anything in almost a year. Pregnancy made it feel weird - I was just... I don't know, hyper-aware of the bones in my hands or something? Plus my brain was so fogged with hormones I couldn't follow a pattern to save my life. Also, I just realized that I have no urge to buy new yarn for once, even though I'm starting to get interested in knitting again. This means I can finish up some existing projects.

If I can find the time, I should really finish the sleeve of that sweater ASAP. Then I just have to add a crew collar and re-do the hem on the bottom of the body and it'll be done before Fall. I should also finish the little brown-and-blue jacket I started knitting for Jeremy before he was born. It's almost done - I could probably finish it next week if I take a few minutes each day to work on it (providing I can find the time to do that.)

After those two sweaters, I should finish the tank top that I got halfway through last year before I found out I was pregnant. I've lost all my pregnancy weight except for the boobs (sweet!) so if I finish it in time, I should be able to wear it next summer, since I doubt I'll get around to finishing it before this summer is over.

What else...? Oh, I was making those blue socks, but at some point I dropped several stitches and couldn't be bothered to pick them up again, and I was just so frustrated and pregnant and I think I might have taken the sock off the needles... and at this point I have no problem with ripping the whole thing out and starting over again. It's a nice pattern and easily memorized, so it's not a huge heartbreak or anything.

Peacock Feathers.... I know I should get back on this project, but I'm hesitating because the first thing I need to do is count the stitches on the needles and make sure I have the right amount. And I know there are over 300 stitches on the needles. And I REALLY dread doing that. Stitch markers spaced every 10 sts help, but I still need to be careful because they are the kind of split markers that can get sneaky and slide themselves around a stitch until they've moved over one space, which can throw everything off. I just fear that a gigantic lace shawl is going to be very difficult to work on with a little baby to take care of right now.

THIS is why I need to get myself out to a Stitch N Bitch! Jon can babysit for a couple hours. I need to get myself out to a gathering where I'll be motivated to focus on the knitting and not the baby!

OK, so that's where I'm at right now.

Oh, and also, I am very hungry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

Hey - just tell yourself (and the daddy) - when it's his baby - then he's not babysitting - he's spending quality time with his kidlet! Mamma needs some me-time.

3:57 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home