Tuesday, July 31, 2007

New Books

Knitpicks is having a summer book sale - 40% off all titles - so of course I ordered six new books for myself, and they arrived yesterday.

The Opinionated Knitter
I want to collect everything ever written by Elizabeth Zimmermann, and this book is a great start to my collection. It's a collection of all her newsletters from 1958 to 1968, chock-full of EZ's genius philosophy and pattern instructions.

Knitting Without Tears
Another great EZ title, I checked this one out from the library last month and couldn't bear to return it, so of course I had to buy a copy of my own! Tips, tricks, encouragement and instructions. And her writing style is so charming, too!

Favorite Socks
It just doesn't get any better than this - no surprise this is an Interweave book. This is currently my favorite book of the bunch. I don't know where to start - all the socks are so beautiful!

Simple Socks: Plain and Fancy
Kind of a supplemental book. I got this one after having it recommended to me as an excellent resource for altering and designing sock patterns. I believe I can never have too many useful reference books!

Modern Classics
Two dozen beautiful and classic sweaters, lots of solid colors with pretty textures - the kinds of designs that I like best!

Handknit Style II
I don't know why, but this one was a little more disappointing than I expected. The sample patterns pictured on the web looked nice, but somehow seeing everything up-close in the book makes it all seem more "meh". At least there are still a handful of patterns that I like, but not quite the amount that I was hoping for. At least it was on sale, but I kind of wonder if I should return this one. (I probably won't though...)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Molly McClellan said...

Hey, I found this through your LJ. I discovered something online that you needed to see and figured I'd comment here with the link:

http://store.roseandradish.com/product-exec/product_id/1596/nm/Jacqueline_Dufresne_Apple_Jacket

Everyone needs one of these. (Well, I do anyway!!)

10:10 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home