Friday, July 06, 2007

First Baudelaire Complete

I finished the first Baudelaire sock this morning. It is REALLY hard to take a picture of your left foot while holding the camera with your left hand and not being able to see the viewfinder. Especially when you're not left-handed. And I'm not.

Anyway, here's a few pictures of the sock (all clickable for larger images). I'll be casting on for its mate within the next few minutes. (I'm wondering if I should have done the next size up - the leaf lace pattern is a bit stretched-out laterally... but still nice enough!)

IMG_3049 IMG_3050

Bonzo wanted to see what was going on, and thought he might catch a few cuddles as long as I was sitting on the kitchen floor. (He did, after these I took these photos! Isn't our dog a cutie?)
IMG_3060 IMG_3063

Want more Bonzo pictures? (I know I can't get enough!) I've got a photoset on Flickr just for him. :)

In other news, I just got back from my LYS with a little bag of happiness! There was a great sale on several different brands of yarn, and I got 8 balls of Bamboozle. I'd been really curious to try it out, because I'd never worked with any yarn that had bamboo fiber, and I'm not disappointed so far! I was so excited, I made a little gauge swatch as soon as I got home. This stuff is far softer than I could have ever imagined it would be, but it is pretty splitty. I'll have to be careful when knitting with it. The color I got is "Ember Glow" (kind of a pinky-orange), and I'm going to use it for this very pretty tank top. I'm sure I'll have leftovers, but it will be perfect for lacy little cap, or a baby-sized beanie (I still have several pregnant friends - but no, I am not part of that group!)

I also got a skein of Tofutsies with a $5.00-off coupon, so that was a great deal. I've been really curious to try this yarn out, what with its unusual fiber blend (wool/soysilk/cotton/chitin - yes, chitin, from crustacean shells!). I used to work at a vitamin company where we sold chitin pills for "fat absorption and lowering cholesterol"... like Chitosan, only generic. I had no idea it was also supposed to have anti-bacterial properties and be able to be spun into yarn!

I am not too big into posting yarn pictures, so I won't be putting any here, but sooner or later I'll probably snap a couple photos of the Bamboozle and Tofutsies and stick them in my Ravelry stash. (And yeah, I'm still kind of so-so on the whole Ravelry thing... I guess I like the Flickr integration, so that's nice. But I'm not totally obsessed and in love with it like some folks already are!)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

Very cute puppy! (um, nice socks too.)

9:42 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home