Friday, May 25, 2007

Redemption!!!

I KNEW IT! I knew I couldn't have been that careless!!! I am looking at the pattern online again, and I am also looking at the copy of the printout I printed on 4/25/07
The day I printed the INCORRECT pattern
and SURE ENOUGH, my printed copy says:

Row 11: KNIT - not "Repeat Row 9" like the pattern online says now!

LO! THE PROOF!
WRONG WRONG WRONG

What does this mean?

It means that Knitting On The Net does not have any idea about how to publish ERRATA. They changed the pattern online without making any notes that the pattern had changed! I don't know when the change happened, but I am not impressed with this. Most other free online pattern sites, like Lion Brand, or Knitty (just to name a couple where I absolutely know I have seen this), will be sure to note changes made after a pattern is posted online. They will usually put the changed instructions in italics or in red lettering, or BOTH. But Knitting On The Net? No. This is bad, bad, bad of them (her?). I will chalk it up to an honest mistake for now, but if I see this again I may never be able to trust that website again.

One other fishy thing that I've noticed is that there is a slightly different version of this same pattern located at a slightly different URL on the website! How messed up is that?

The (now-corrected) version of the pattern that I'm using is located at
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babysweraglangarterstripe.htm

The other version that I stumbled upon (with slightly different stitch counts, so don't mix the two patterns up!!) is located at
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babysweragcard4.htm

WHAT the HECK????

1 Comments:

Blogger Tia said...

I KNEW IT! I knew something was amiss. :)

9:36 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home