Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Non-knitting content ahoy!

My husband and I are like big kids. (That's why we don't have any yet.) A couple months ago we got a Nintendo Wii, and last weekend a friend helped him chip it so that we can play copied games (ok, I know, shame on us pirates). But now we have all kinds of crazy fun games!

WarioWare: Smooth Moves is the craziest thing I've ever seen, and makes me LOL, but Cooking Mama is just NUTS. You have to prepare ingredients and cookware to make recipes, and the whole time, "Mama" is encouraging you in the thickest Japanese accent I've ever heard. If you prepare a recipe really well, she brightly exclaims, "Wonnafuhr! Bettah zan Mama!" There are no L's to be heard in the game. It's a little silly, but absolutely adorable! If you don't cook well, "Mama" is still really sweet and says, "I helpa you!" - just like my real Mama!

The Wii is a gaming console that is proving to be far more popular with women and older players, and I'm one of them. I like that it's not all about superior graphics and hardcore gaming... it's fun for everyone, and if you don't have one, I highly recommend making friends with someone who does just so you can try it out. Especially WarioWare. You'll LOL.

And Wii Bowling. Play that too - it comes with the console and it's super fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

So - Wario Ware - does that mean you're a good nose picker?

10:36 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home