Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It's alive!!!

I FINALLY started Peacock Feathers this weekend! I got up to row 23 in chart 1 and was very pleased, and then halfway through the row, Jon asked if I wanted to go up to the main road and see if we could spot fireworks over the lake, and I said SURE, because if you know me, you know I'm always ready for fireworks.

So we hooked up a couple lawn-chairs-on-trailers to his skateboard "Brutus", and rode down to the road. Didn't see a lot. But we were early. By the time we got back to the house, we saw lots of fireworks through the trees. Ugh. But anyway, it was a nice night.

Until I got back to my knitting.

Somehow I screwed up my counting and came out with too many stitches at the end of row 23. I started tinking back and dropped at least one stitch, possibly more, and then just got mad at myself for being so lazy about checking where I was before I started knitting again, especially on lace, so I just ripped it all out and started over. I re-knit the first 12 rows. The chart begins at row 13, so I decided to wait until a new day to start in on that again. And this time I will be sure not to knit it while watching really interesting shows about undersea geology and life, and definitely while I can see fireworks out the window. But let me repeat the good news: I finally started it!

I also finished the first Ocean Sock. I'm not terribly pleased with it. The sole is too narrow, like I knew it would be, but it's decent... Good enough to be a sandal sock, which was the original intent. Now I'm just trying to decide if I should make the second sock with a wider, proper sole, or if I should just make them a matching pair. Maybe I should give them to my mom. I bet they'd fit her tiny little feet pretty nicely! Except they are long enough for my feet and I'm afraid the heel would go way up her leg and pooch out at the back of her ankle. Bleh. I'll have to ask her to try them on when I'm in Fargo at the end of this month for my wedding dress fitting. Woo! Only 2 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days left! Shouldn't I be more nervous???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home